NOVABOND PS FIBER is suitable for:
- bonding thermal insulating boards such as:
- expanded and extruded polystyrene
- levelling thermal insulating boards prior to the application of:
- application in various substrates such as:
- concrete, cement screeds, brick walls
- renders and wall brick mortars
- cement and gypsum boards (properly primed)
Cement based substrates must be compact, without cracks, free of dust, salts, grease and any other materials that could reduce adhesion of NOVABOND PS FIBER to them. Concrete substrates should be mechanically prepared, for example, by grinding to achieve a uniform surface of open porosity. For gypsum-based substrates, it is necessary to prime the substrate with NOVAPRIMER prior to the bonding of the insulating boards. In case the application is done upon absorbent substrates such as concrete, cement screeds etc. properly saturate the substrate with water. On surfaces with reduced absorbency, the application of the quartz primer PLANO CONTACT should precede. For additional information, refer to the relative Technical Data Sheets of the products.
Preparation of the mix:
Mix the contents of a NOVABOND PS FIBER (25 kg) bag with 6,0 – 6,5 liters of clean water by means of an electric stirrer at low speed for at least 3 - 5 minutes. Mixing should be done until a uniform mix free of lumps is obtained. The product is ready for use. The mixture has a pot life of approximately 4 hours. During hot weather it is advised not to expose the materials before their use in the sun (powder and mixing water) otherwise the open time of the mixture is reduced.
Application of the mix:
On flat substrates apply NOVABOND PS FIBER as an adhesive mortar directly onto the back of the thermal insulation board with a trowel. With a tiling trowel spread evenly the adhesive so that the back side of the board is totally covered with mortar, throughout the surface. On uneven substrates, apply the mortar by using a trowel pointing to the center and the perimeter of the thermal insulating board. By applying firm pressure, place the thermal insulating board in the correct position. When NOVABOND PS FIBER is applied as a levelling coating, spread the mortar over the entire surface with a tiling trowel and in the fresh layer incorporate the fiberglass mesh NOVATHERM NET. The integration of the net must be performed as long as the mix is still fresh with the flat side of the trowel. Apply a second coat after 12 - 24 hours.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature is less than +5°C or higher than +35°C
- Do not exceed 10 mm of thickness in one single layer
- Do not apply upon metal, wood or deformable surfaces
- Do not apply upon surfaces such as polyurethane coatings, paints, acrylics and substrates subjected to big movements
- Do not apply upon PVC and bitumen membranes and in general materials which polymerize in the long ran
- Do not apply upon loose substrates or substrates not properly cured
- Do not apply upon non-absorbent substrates not properly primed
- Do not apply upon existing expansion or movement joints of the substrate
- Do not apply the mixture under direct sunlight exposure and/or strong wind
- Do not exceed the recommended quantity of mixing water
- Protect the application surface from rain or frost the first 24 hours
- Do not add cement, gypsum, lime or other materials that might affect the properties of the mortar
- The application must be performed by a professional installer
Tools, buckets, coverings etc. can be cleaned with water as long as NOVABOND PS FIBER is still fresh. Once the material dries, cleaning can be done only by mechanical means.
The technical data and recommendations included or listed are the outcome of laboratory measurements combined with our current knowledge and expertise. All information and specifications should in any case be considered as indicative. The Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein. Product specifications are subject to change without notice and may differ from product images. Due to printing and application procedures, the colors displayed here should be considered as indicative. In particular, variations in materials, substrates and on-site application conditions are such that no warranty can be given or implied reference to the suitability of the materials for trading or use for a particular purpose and conditions of any given project. Anyone interested in using the product must ensure beforehand that the product is suitable for the intended use and in any case, the user is solely responsible for any outcomes associated with the use of product. Among other things, the Company is not responsible for any normal wear or tear from environmental or any other unsuitable conditions. We reserve the right to revise or change the data herein without prior notice. Restrictions and disclaimers apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company has a Technical Support Department, which has exclusive responsibility for providing technical advice and solutions, addressing relevant issues. Requests to the Technical Support Department are addressed and answered, only in writing. For the latest and valid version of the Technical Data Sheet, the user of the material must refer to our website www.novamix.gr.