The joints should be dry and clean, free from grease, dust or loose materials. Adhesive residues should be removed from the joint before applying NOVAGROUT G.
Preparation of the mix:
Mix the content of the plastic bag containing NOVAGROUT G (5 kg) with 0.9 – 1.0 liters of clean and fresh water by means of appropriate electrical stirrer at low speed for at least 3 – 5 min, until a uniform mortar free of lumps is obtained. The mix has a pot life of 90 minutes. During hot periods and in general, it is recommended to avoid direct sunlight exposure of the materials (in powder or
liquid form) before use, otherwise the working time is reduced. In any case avoid mixing by hand.
Application of the mixture to the joints is made with rubber spatula diagonally in the direction of the joints to fill the depths and widths of the gaps. With the same tool and way, the excess material is removed from the surface of the tiles.
Cleaning is done if the product is fresh using a well-moistened hard sponge with circular movements. During the cleaning process the sponge should be cleaned at regular intervals with plenty of water. Then the surface of the tiles is cleaned with a clean, soft and slightly damp sponge. At the end of the cleaning, the tile surface should be free from traces of grout, because after hardening the product can only be removed by mechanical means.
- Protect the surface from rain and frost for the first 24 hours
- During application, the minimum substrate and ambient temperature should be + 5°C and maximum + 35°C
- For the adhesion and grouting of natural stones it is recommended to check the ease of cleaning and stability of natural stone shades
- Do not use on porous surfaces (eg cotto)
- Do not apply it to loose, fresh or on a substrate that has not matured sufficiently
- Do not use it when there is water in joints or expansion joints
- Do not use in joints smaller than 1 mm and bigger than 10 mm
- Do not add cement, lime, gypsum or other binders or substances which may affect the mortar characteristics
- Never exceed the maximum recommended quantity of mixing water
- Avoid the presence of stagnant water in newly grouted joints. Permanent immersion in water takes place after 7 days
- Application should be performed by professional skilled workers
Tools, buckets, tiles etc. can be cleaned with fresh and clean water as long as, NOVAGROUT G is still fresh. After hardening occurs, cleaning can take place by mechanical means. Traces on tiles using ACID CLEAN.
The technical data and recommendations included or listed are the outcome of laboratory measurements combined with our current knowledge and expertise. All information and specifications should in any case be considered as indicative. The Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein. Product specifications are subject to change without notice and may differ from product images. Due to printing and application procedures, the colors displayed here should be considered as indicative. In particular, variations in materials, substrates and on-site application conditions are such that no warranty can be given or implied reference to the suitability of the materials for trading or use for a particular purpose and conditions of any given project. Anyone interested in using the product must ensure beforehand that the product is suitable for the intended use and in any case, the user is solely responsible for any outcomes associated with the use of product. Among other things, the Company is not responsible for any normal wear or tear from environmental or any other unsuitable conditions. We reserve the right to revise or change the data herein without prior notice. Restrictions and disclaimers apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company has a Technical Support Department, which has exclusive responsibility for providing technical advice and solutions, addressing relevant issues. Requests to the Technical Support Department are addressed and answered, only in writing. For the latest and valid version of the Technical Data Sheet, the user of the material must refer to our website www.novamix.gr.