The surface to which PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT is to be applied should be clean, dry and free from dust. The substrate must be insulated and not subject to rising humidity. The maximum permissible moisture content of the substrate must not exceed 4%. The application surface temperature should be between +12°C and 30°C.
Preparation of the mix:
Components A and B are in containers with a predetermined mixing ratio. Component B is completely added to component A. Mixing of the two components is done for about 2 - 3 minutes with an electric mixer at low speed.
Application of the mix:
Apply the mix in 2 at least continuous layers by means of a suitable varnish roller. The number of layers is determined by the type of application. In any case, ensure that the varnish penetrates well in the surface. The waiting time between layers is 24 hours when the temperature is less than + 23°C and 12 hours when the temperature is higher than +30°C.
In micro-cement coatings such as PLANOCOLOR PREMIUM 2K when the application is outdoors, apply a first layer of DRY BRIGHT diluted 1:1 in water and then 2 PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT layers. In this way we avoid color alterations in the final surface, since this risk is significantly reduced by the use of DRY BRIGHT. In any case, however, if there are any doubts, it is recommended to perform a trial application. PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT can also be applied to increase the surface strength of epoxy coatings such as PLANOCOLOR LIQUID GLASS. In these cases, the product is applied in one layer without interruption. The aesthetic effect is a "mat" surface with increased resistance to wear.
Daily cleaning of surfaces treated with PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT is done with neutral cleaners such as NEUTROCLEANER undiluted or diluted in water depending on the application. For special cleaning cases such as black rubber stains, household stains, wax etc. it is recommended to use ALCALINE CLEANER. In cases of salts use HARD REMOVER. For additional information, refer to the relative Technical Data Sheets of the products.
- Do not apply in surfaces that are not dry
- Do not apply the varnish on surfaces where rising humidity is possible or present
- Do not apply when the temperature is lower than +12°C and the relative humidity of the atmosphere exceeds 65%, or when there is a possibility of rain and wet weather, before the varnish is completely dry. In external areas during hot days, provide protection against direct sunlight for the first 7 days of application
- Do not apply PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT upon fresh concrete if at least 4 weeks haven’t passed and without holding humidity measurements
- Two components of PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT are in proportion so never mix partially the two components. In some cases, if necessary, diluting can only be done with a compatible solvent such as NOVATHINNER PU
- Do not apply PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT upon old varnishes and dusty or dirty surfaces. Remove dust and dirt immediately before application. In any case, the surface should be well wiped off and, if necessary, be sanded before application
- Always use appropriate and clean tools
- Do not apply PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT in swimming pools, instead use PLANOFINISH PU 2KS. For more information refer to the relevant technical data sheet of the product
- Do not apply PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT in excess quantity
- All measurements and waiting time refer to surface temperature of +23°C and residual humidity of 50%. Variations on the above may after waiting times or application process
- For daily maintenance or cleaning of surfaces treated with PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT, use suitable appropriate cleaners such as ALCALINE CLEANER, NEUTROCLEANER or HARD REMOVER. Avoid using highly acidic products and, in cases of doubt, always test before application
- PLANOFINISH PU 2KS MAT is a solvent-based varnish recommended mainly for external area applications. In any case however any precautions required by the use of solvent-based materials should be applied
- It is recommended that the application be made by a professional user.
Buckets, tools, coatings etc. can be cleaned with solvent as long as the mix is still fresh. Once dried cleaning can be done only by mechanical means or strong corrosives.
The technical data and recommendations included or listed are the outcome of laboratory measurements combined with our current knowledge and expertise. All information and specifications should in any case be considered as indicative. The Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein. Product specifications are subject to change without notice and may differ from product images. Due to printing and application procedures, the colors displayed here should be considered as indicative. In particular, variations in materials, substrates and on-site application conditions are such that no warranty can be given or implied reference to the suitability of the materials for trading or use for a particular purpose and conditions of any given project. Anyone interested in using the product must ensure beforehand that the product is suitable for the intended use and in any case, the user is solely responsible for any outcomes associated with the use of product. Among other things, the Company is not responsible for any normal wear or tear from environmental or any other unsuitable conditions. We reserve the right to revise or change the data herein without prior notice. Restrictions and disclaimers apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company has a Technical Support Department, which has exclusive responsibility for providing technical advice and solutions, addressing relevant issues. Requests to the Technical Support Department are addressed and answered, only in writing. For the latest and valid version of the Technical Data Sheet, the user of the material must refer to our website www.novamix.gr.