Remove deteriorated and loose concrete parts until the substrate is solid, strong and rough. Surfaces must be clean, free of dust, dirt, oil, grease, rust and other elements that might compromise adhesion. Soak the substrate with water and remove excess by means of a sponge or air. Existing tiled floors should be primed first with PLANO CONTACT FAST.
Preparation of the mix:
Mix the content of the 25kg paper bag containing RS 110 with 4,0 - 4,5 liters of clean and fresh water by means of appropriate electrical stirrer at low speed (500 rpm) for 3 min, until a uniform mortar free of lumps is obtained. During hot periods and in general, it is recommended to avoid direct sunlight exposure of the materials (in powder or liquid form) before use, otherwise the working time is reduced. For small quantities mixing can be performed also by hand.
The mixture is applied by means of a flat trowel, in horizontal and vertical surfaces. The maximum application thickness is 20 mm per layer and for ceilings is 15 mm. When higher thickness is required, apply subsequent coats when the preceding layer starts to harden. The mortar should be applied within 45 min from the start of mixing under normal conditions. After this period, do not try to mix again with water. Low temperatures extend the life of the mortar while high temperatures drastically reduce workability. After application of RS 110 it should be left to cure in a relatively moisty environment. Protect the fresh mortar from rapid drying by suitable means. For applications of humidity stable coverings such as ceramic tiles usually 24- 48 hours is enough.
- Avoid applications during direct sunlight exposure and/or strong wind and rain
- Apply only upon solid and well-prepared rough substrate
- Do not add water or additives once the mix starts to set
- Do not apply upon existing expansion or movement joints of the substrate
- Do not add cement, gypsum, lime or other materials that might affect the properties of the mortar
- Do not apply upon substrates subjected to rising humidity
- Do not exceed 15 mm in thickness per layer and 30 mm in case of applications on ceilings
- Do not apply when temperature of the substrate and environment is lower than +5°C and higher than +35°C
- Do not apply upon anhydrite-based substrates, metal surfaces or resilient substrates
- Always ensure that that humidity level is lower than what the covering requires
- Application must be done by professional applicator
The technical data and recommendations included or listed are the outcome of laboratory measurements combined with our current knowledge and expertise. All information and specifications should in any case be considered as indicative. The Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein. Product specifications are subject to change without notice and may differ from product images. Due to printing and application procedures, the colors displayed here should be considered as indicative. In particular, variations in materials, substrates and on-site application conditions are such that no warranty can be given or implied reference to the suitability of the materials for trading or use for a particular purpose and conditions of any given project. Anyone interested in using the product must ensure beforehand that the product is suitable for the intended use and in any case, the user is solely responsible for any outcomes associated with the use of product. Among other things, the Company is not responsible for any normal wear or tear from environmental or any other unsuitable conditions. We reserve the right to revise or change the data herein without prior notice. Restrictions and disclaimers apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company has a Technical Support Department, which has exclusive responsibility for providing technical advice and solutions, addressing relevant issues. Requests to the Technical Support Department are addressed and answered, only in writing. For the latest and valid version of the Technical Data Sheet, the user of the material must refer to our website www.novamix.gr.