Cementitious substrates must be clean and solid, without cracks, free of dust, salts, grease and any other materials that could reduce the adhesion of SC ELASTIC EASY on them. In case the application is done on absorbent substrates such as concrete, cement mortars, etc. at high temperatures, good wetting of the substrate should be preceded, but avoiding the presence of stagnant water.
Existing floor coverings such as ceramic tiles, gres porcelain, marble, terrazzo, etc. must be firmly attached on the substrate. They also have to be clean and free of laitance or any residual which will compromise adhesion on them. If cleaning is required, use ALCALINE CLEANER or ACID CLEAN depending on the type of dirt and rinse well with water. For additional information refer to the Technical Data Sheets of the products.
Preparation of the mix:
In a clean container, mix the content of 20kg paper bag containing SC ELASTIC EASY with the required amount of clean water, depending on the method of application. Stir by means of an electrical mixer in low rpm for 3 – 5 minutes until a perfectly smooth and homogeneous mix free of lumps is obtained. Under normal conditions the mix should be applied within 30 minutes. After this period do not try to mix it again with water.
Application should be made in two or more layers crosswise with a total thickness of at least 2 mm. Apply the second coat when the first one has hardened enough. In any case the application should overlap the entire surface with a uniform thickness coat. In all critical areas, such as corners or, floor joint with walls and vertical construction elements, the sealing zone must be reinforced using a suitable fiberglass mesh, such as FIBERGLASS NET.
- Apply only upon structurally stable and well-prepared substrate
- Avoid application under direct sun exposure or/and strong wind
- Do not add cement, gypsum, lime or other materials that may affect the properties of the mortar
- Do not apply upon PVC and bitumen membranes and in general materials which polymerize in the long ran
- Do not apply in ambient temperatures less than +5°C and higher than +35°C
- Protect the application surface from rain or frost the first 24 hours
- Do not apply in swimming pools without covering with tiles or appropriate coatings
- Bonding tiles should be done with cement-based adhesives categorized as C2
- It does not create a water vapour barrier and is not suitable for resin systems not permeable to water vapour
- In order to incorporate FIBERGLASS NET, the thickness of the first layer
must be 1mm
- Do not apply in total thickness less than 2 mm
- Do not wet subsequent layers during application
- Application must be done by professional applicator
Tools, buckets, etc. can be cleaned with fresh and clean water if SC ELASTIC EASY is still fresh. After hardening occurs, cleaning can take place by mechanical means.
The technical data and recommendations included or listed are the outcome of laboratory measurements combined with our current knowledge and expertise. All information and specifications should in any case be considered as indicative. The Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein. Product specifications are subject to change without notice and may differ from product images. Due to printing and application procedures, the colors displayed here should be considered as indicative. In particular, variations in materials, substrates and on-site application conditions are such that no warranty can be given or implied reference to the suitability of the materials for trading or use for a particular purpose and conditions of any given project. Anyone interested in using the product must ensure beforehand that the product is suitable for the intended use and in any case, the user is solely responsible for any outcomes associated with the use of product. Among other things, the Company is not responsible for any normal wear or tear from environmental or any other unsuitable conditions. We reserve the right to revise or change the data herein without prior notice. Restrictions and disclaimers apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company has a Technical Support Department, which has exclusive responsibility for providing technical advice and solutions, addressing relevant issues. Requests to the Technical Support Department are addressed and answered, only in writing. For the latest and valid version of the Technical Data Sheet, the user of the material must refer to our website www.novamix.gr.